May ended up being a very busy month for me! Between end of the school year for my kids and dance recital, I barely read for the last two weeks of May. Things have calmed down a lot though and I’ve been able to read quite a bit so far in June.
In May, I read 20 books which equaled out to 6,544 pages. This equaled out to an average of 211.10 pages read each day. In the order in which I finished them, these are the books I read in May:
- Just Pretend by Tori Sharp
- Allergic by Megan Wagner Llyod
- Fearless by Kenny Porter
- Scorned Princess by Eva Chance and Harlow King
- Mates Unwanted by Candace Wondrak
- Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- From the Ashes by Amber Lynn Natusch
- Rage and Ruin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Compel Me by Elena Lawson
- Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Provoke Me by Elena Lawson
- Fight Dirty by Eva Ashwood
- Play Rough by Eva Ashwood
- Wreak Havoc by Eva Ashwood
- Love Hard by Eva Ashwood
- Playing with Hellfire by Harper A. Brooks
- Hell in a Handbasket by Harper A. Brooks
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
- The Wild Path by Sarah R. Baughman
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend
Of the 20 books I read in May, 12 of them were part of a series (60%), 4 were standalones (20%), and 4 were a reread (20%).
When it comes down to intended audience for the books I read, 3 of them were young adult books (15%), 6 of them were middle grade (30%) and 11 of them were adult books (55%).
Not surprising, the majority of my books were once again 4 star ones. I had 7 three star books, 11 four star books, and 2 five star books. Of my five star reads, my absolute favorites of the month was Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston. I also really loved Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout!
As for where I sourced the books I read in May:
- Owned Physical: 5 (25%)
- Edelweiss: 3 (15%)
- Kindle Unlimited: 11 (55%)
- Other: 1 (5%)
Lastly, I like to look at genres.
- Contemporary: 8 (40%)
- Fantasy: 1 (5%)
- Paranormal: 10 (50%)
- Memoir: 1 (5%)
What did you read in May? What was your favorite book?
One thought on “May 2021 Wrap Up”