I’m so excited to be a part of the book tour for Lakesedge that is being hosted by TBR and Beyond Tours.
Content Warnings: Emotional and physical abuse by a parent, Body horror, Gore and blood (including description of wounds), Emesis, Discussions of death and grief (no on-page deaths), Descriptions of drowning and deep water, Drowning-related imagery Self-injury (in the context of a curse that requires regular physical sacrifices), suicidal ideation
A lush gothic fantasy about monsters and magic, set on the banks of a cursed lake. Perfect for fans of Naomi Novik and Brigid Kemmerer.
There are monsters in the world.
When Violeta Graceling arrives at haunted Lakesedge estate, she expects to find a monster. She knows the terrifying rumors about Rowan Sylvanan, who drowned his entire family when he was a boy. But neither the estate nor the monster are what they seem.
There are monsters in the woods.
As Leta falls for Rowan, she discovers he is bound to the Lord Under, the sinister death god lurking in the black waters of the lake. A creature to whom Leta is inexplicably drawn…
There’s a monster in the shadows, and now it knows my name.
Now, to save Rowan—and herself—Leta must confront the darkness in her past, including unraveling the mystery of her connection to the Lord Under.
TOP 5 REASONS TO READ
Thank you so much to Henry Holt and Co. (Macmillan) for providing me with a copy of Lakesedge.
- A hauntingly gripping story! Lakesedge is a story that gripped me from the very first chapter. I could have easily read it in just one sitting if I had started it earlier in the day instead of late in the evening.
- An amazing cast of characters! Lakesedge doesn’t just focus on Violeta and Rowen. While they are definitely at the forefront of the story, it also features an amazing cast of side characters. I found myself longing for more of Clover and Florence.
- Spooky atmosphere! If you’re looking for a spooky read for October, I definitely think this is one for you.
- Full of twists and turns! I definitely found myself many times thinking I knew what was going to happen and then being completely wrong. I absolutely loved this!
- Retelling vibes! While I don’t think anything has been said about it being based on anything or a retelling of a story, I definitely got some Hades and Persephone vibes from Lakesedge as well as Beauty and the Beast.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lyndall Clipstone writes about monsters and the girls who like to kiss them. A former youth librarian who grew up running wild in the Barossa Ranges of South Australia, she currently lives in Adelaide, where she tends her own indoor secret garden. She has a Bachelors in Creative Writing and a Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Management.
Her debut novel, LAKESEDGE, will be published by Henry Holt, Titan UK and Pan Macmillan Australia in Fall 2021 with a sequel, FORESTFALL, to publish in Fall 2022.