April ended up being so much crazier than I thought it was going to be. Early in the month, we woke up to our dog unable to use her back legs and we ended up at the vet a couple times and lots of medicine schedules to follow. Due to that, I didn’t blog the majority of the month and I also didn’t read quite as much as I have been.
In April, I read 26 books which equaled out to 11,016 pages. This equaled out to an average of 367.2 pages read each day. In the order in which I finished them, these are the books I read in April:
- Kings of Quarantine by Caroline Peckman and Susanne Valenti
- Kings of Lockdown by Caroline Peckman and Susanne Valenti
- Kings of Anarchy by Caroline Peckman and Susanne Valenti
- Queen of Quarantine by Caroline Peckman and Susanne Valenti
- Hate by Tate James
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
- The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Liar by Tate James
- Sunkissed by Kasie West
- Sugar and Spite by Gail D. Villanueva
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Ostertag
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Lucky Girl by Jamie Pacton
- A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L Armentrout
- The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn
- To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn
- Steps by Bea Paige
- Strokes by Bea Paige
- Strings by Bea Paige
- Symphony by Bea Paige
- The Firebird Song by Arnee Flores
- Who Breaks First by Eva Ashwood
- Every Last Breath by Jennifer L Armentrout
Of the 26 books I read in April, 17 of them were part of a series (65.4%), 5 were standalones (19.2%), and 4 were a reread (15.4%).
When it comes down to intended audience for the books I read, 2 of them were middle grade books (7.7%), 6 of them were young adult books (23.1%) and 18 of them were adult books (69.2%).
Not surprisingly, the majority of my ratings were once again 4 stars. I had 3 three star books, 17 four star books, and 6 five star books. Of my five star reads, my absolute favorites of the month was The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
In regards to how I read these books:
- Owned Physical: 7 (26.9%)
- Owned Digital: 1 (3.8%)
- Library Digital: 1 (3.8%)
- Kindle Unlimited: 12 (46.2%)
- Audible: 2 (7.7%)
- Physical ARCs: 3 (11.5%)
Lastly, I like to look at genres.
- Contemporary: 15 (57.7%)
- Fantasy: 8 (30.8%)
- Historical: 2 (7.7%)
- Paranormal: 1 (3.8%)
What did you read in April? What was your favorite book?